What drives consumer demand for Tesla vehicles? Its cult-like following is certainly stronger online than economic numbers would suggest. Few books chronicle the electrical revolution of the automotive industry. These recommendations will help you learn more about Tesla, Inc, where it came from, and where it is headed.
Ballistic books is a series to present literature of interest. Each edition is dedicated to a specific topic. I found it challenging to discover and distinguish good from great literature. With this series, I aim to mitigate that challenge.
- Power Play: Tesla, Elon Musk, and the Bet of the Century by Tim Higgins
“Tale of Tesla, Elon Musk is inherently dramatic and compellingly told in ‘Power Play’ – Camila Domonoske
- Tesla, Elon Musk, and the EV Revolution: An in-depth analysis of what’s in store for the company, the man, and the industry by a value investor and newly-minted Tesla owner by Vitaliy Katsenelson
“A great, thought-provoking analysis of Tesla that is well balanced and makes you really think about Tesla, its future, and the future of electric vehicles.” – John Paul
- Insane Mode: How Elon Musk’s Tesla Sparked an Electric Revolution to End the Age of Oil by Hamish McKenzie
“McKenzie has delivered a narrative that both fascinates and frustrates: Musk’s passion for a clean-energy future is contagious, but at the same time it’s painful to see the struggle of the electric-car industry to widen its market and win over more consumers. “Insane Mode” will leave you wondering how different our roads would look if we embraced a technology that almost seems inevitable, batteries included.” – David Silverberg
- Ludicrous: The Unvarnished Story of Tesla Motors by Edward Niedermeyer
“Tesla fans may hate the book ‘Ludicrous’ but both they and critics should read it” – Sam Abuelsamid
- Tesla: How Elon Musk and Company Made Electric Cars Cool, and Remade the Automotive and Energy Industries by Charles Morris
“A great collection of facts and knowledge about the early history of Tesla. It includes over 500 footnotes with sources and is based on personal interviews with Tesla founders.” – Mikolaj Misiurewicz
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Ashlee Vance
“Any list of books about Tesla, Inc. would be incomplete without a closer look at the real-world ‘Iron Man’ – the creator of Tesla, SpaceX, The Boring Company, Neuralink, and Twitter – Elon Musk.” – Anonymous